- 24-Feb-2017 to 25-Mar-2017 (EST)
- Division 1 - Corporate
- Columbia, MD, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
LB&B Associates Inc. has an outstanding Operations / Sales Freight Agent opportunity at its office in Columbia, MD. This is a sales and operations role.
Must have at least eight (8) years of experience in areas of domestic and international freight forwarding, operations, sales, and compliance.
- Achieves monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales goals to reach target growth.
- Manages all existing and future accounts providing superior customer service.
- Interacts with domestic and international customers. Travel as needed.
- Manages all movement of freight for a wide variety of customers in the US and internationally.
- Domestic & international freight forwarding, including alerting, routing, tracking and tracing shipments via various internet tools and updating transportation software system.
- Pricing: quoting domestic and international air, ground, ocean, LTL, and FTL.
- Negotiates with carriers/partners to obtain special rates or spot quotes.
- Obtaining vendor charges and auditing for accuracy and legitimacy.
- The ability to recognize potential and existing service issues/roadblocks and effectively notifies management or customer service as needed.
- Responsible for shipment follow up including obtaining pieces, weights, dimensions from agents and updating transportation software.
- Ensures full compliance with all FMC, DOT, CBP, DOC, DOS and CFR regulations.
LB&B Associates Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package to include life, short/long-term disability, medical/dental/vision insurance, 10 paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, and 401(k) with matching.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and criminal background check. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background screening. Must have a valid driver's license and safe driving record within the past 36 months, as defined by Company policy.